Every case is different and the reasons people decide to end their marriage are as varied as the people that file for divorce. Some reasons are based on fundamental differences on important issues such as child rearing, religious beliefs, or money matters. While there is no “blame” placed on either party when a divorce is filed, there are some common causes of divorce. Knowing what is likely to lead to divorce may help prevent it, and may also help you through the process when divorce is inevitable.
The Huffington Post has compiled a list of the top 25 things that lead to divorce, below is a short list of the most common:
- Taking your spouse for granted during marriage can lead to feelings of inferiority and cause one of the parties to the marriage to feel devalued and thus not an important part of the marriage. When one party feels as if their views and feelings don’t matter, it can lead to an emotional disconnect between the couple that leads to divorce.
- How well the parents work together regarding issues involving their kids.
- Failing to communicate effectively will often times lead to a breakdown of the relationship that can cause divorce.
- Expecting your spouse to change or to adopt your opinions can cause conflict that leads to divorce.
- Refusing to take accountability for your actions.
When a couple no longer connects emotionally or physically, real danger for the relationship lies ahead. If you are unable to avoid some of the common missteps that typically lead to divorce, having an understanding of how you got there will help you get through the case. We can help you come to terms with the end of your marriage so you are better prepared for healthy relationships in the future.
For answers to your questions about divorce, consult a qualified legal professional. Let us put our experience to work for you. Call the Sampair Group in Phoenix and the West Valley today to schedule your appointment.