You’ve probably read a lot of the media coverage about the impact of divorce on children, which focuses on all the ways divorce can harm children. Instead of focusing on this, there are definitely ways in which divorce can improve your child’s life that you can think about.
- No fighting. When you get a divorce, your child will live in a home without marital conflict. Parents who stay together for the sake of the children exude a lot of tension and negative emotions. When you divorce, you end all of that for your child on a day-to-day basis, providing him with two homes in which there is no more fighting. This improves your child’s life immensely.
- Emphasis on happiness. When you decide to get a divorce, you are deciding that your happiness matters. This is a wonderful example to set for your child. You are showing your child that happiness is a priority for you and should be for her.
- Tough decisions can be made. The choices you make in a divorce are challenging, but they help you prioritize and focus on what you need. Your child learns that everyone faces tough choices and it’s possible to work through them with determination and time.
- Compromise works. When you settle your divorce or custody case, you not only reduce the conflict in your child’s life, but you also demonstrate that compromise is the best way to end a disagreement. This is an important lesson for your child to learn.
- Grit gets you through. Getting through your divorce is hard, there’s no question. The fact that you are getting through it and are still managing to parent and do the important things in life shows your child that it’s possible to get through tough times, even times that challenge every sector of your life.
The Sampair Group is your divorce firm in Maricopa County. Your case matters to us and we are here to help you. Call our office today for an appointment.