When a couple calls it quits, it seems like everyone has an opinion on what to do. Suddenly everyone is an expert, and if you have broken the news to friends and family that you are considering or getting divorced, there will be no shortage of advice. However, the only opinion that matters is yours and it is critical that you seek the advice of an unrelated third party and legal professional to be sure your case is handled properly. That said, it can help to alleviate the anxiety divorce causes to take a look at how pop culture paints the divorce picture.
Some of the more publicized and notable divorces include:
● Homer and Marge Simpson: rumor has it the pair will split.
● Bachelor couple Chris and Whitney have called it quits, without ever walking down the aisle.
● Actor Ed Asner and Cindy Gilmore are no longer together.
● Designer Steve Madden has split from his wife Wendy.
● Renowned chef Bobby Flay and his wife Stephanie March were married ten years before recently filing for divorce.
● Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin “consciously uncoupled” prior to finalizing the dissolution of their marriage.
Divorce is becoming as common as marriage, and protecting yourself during the process is crucial to a well-adjusted post-divorce life. Watching a celebrity go through the very personal experience of divorce can put things in perspective, and help you to get a handle on your emotions. If you are considering filing for divorce, call our office for assistance.
For more information divorce, contact us for an appointment today. Let us put our experience to work for you. Call The Sampair Group in Phoenix and the West Valley today to schedule your initial visit.