On Tuesday, April 8, the State Bar of Arizona, azcentral.com and 12 News hosted the “Lawyers on Call” public service program. During the program, volunteers answered calls from viewers who had questions or concerns about family law issues. Patrick Sampair of The Sampair Group was one of the volunteers.
148 calls were answered by volunteers and an additional 41 consumers were assisted via social media, bringing the total to 189 people that received assistance.
Some of the consumer questions that volunteers were answering at “Lawyers on Call” were:
- How do I modify current child support payments?
- How do I request/establish child support?
- How do I modify custody and parenting time?
- How can I request grandparent’s rights? What are my rights as a grandparent?
- Can I travel outside of the country with my children?
- What are the differences between a legal separation and a divorce? What are the pros and cons to each?
- How do we divide assets?
- Do I qualify for spousal maintenance?
- Do I need to hire an attorney to file for divorce?
The “Lawyers on Call” program has found social media to be a very successful outlet for reaching consumers.
On Tuesday, May 6, more volunteer lawyers will be answering questions, but this time the topic will surround consumers’ bankruptcy and foreclosure concerns.
For more information about “Laywers on Call,” visit http://www.azbar.org/legalhelpandeducation/lawyersoncall.