Avoid making these mistakes as you are moving through the divorce process.
- Getting pregnant. Having a baby with your spouse or anyone else will infinitely complicate not only your life, but your divorce.
- Refusing to see a therapist. There are lots of ways a therapist might be useful in your divorce. If either of you are on the fence about the divorce, marriage counseling can help you find clarity. A therapist can help you deal with the difficult emotions and decisions you face. A therapist can also be a crucial way to help your children find their way through the divorce.
- Making big purchases. Finances are an important issue in your divorce and most people find that divorce puts a bit of a squeeze on their wallet as they adjust to a new household budget. This is not the time to buy a brand new car, plan an expensive vacation, or buy an engagement ring for your new fiancé. Wait till things settle down and you have a good understanding of your new financial situation.
- Refusing to ask for what you are entitled to. Some people want a complete break with their spouse and don’t want to take any money from them in the future through child or spousal support. While it is understanding to want no financial ties, giving up these payments can cause you to struggle for many years to come.
- Keeping facts from your lawyer. To get the best representation possible, you need to be completely honest with your attorney. Everything you say is confidential and getting all the facts on the table will help you make the best decisions possible.
The Sampair Group provides divorce representation in Maricopa County, Arizona. Our attorneys offer years of experience and a welcoming attitude. Contact us today for an appointment.