The media is full of talk about how difficult divorce is. While divorce is certainly a challenging time in your life, divorce also brings many benefits with it. The next time you feel as if your divorce is making you miserable, keep these things in mind.
- You have the freedom to plan your own future in your own way with no interference. Divorce gives you the space for a fresh start and the chance to re-imagine who you are and where you’re going. Focus on this sense of opportunity.
- You now have more physical space to yourself. The bed, the bathroom, the TV, the kitchen – all of this is your private space now. And you have more closet space.
- No more joint decisions. When you want to do something, you can just do it. There’s no one you need to consult with and certainly no one whose approval you now need.
- Fewer family obligations. You’re no longer obligated to your ex’s family which may simplify your holidays.
- Your household bills will likely decrease. Less water and electric usage and fewer groceries mean a smaller monthly budget.
- There is more time for friends and to develop a social life for yourself. It’s up to you if you are ready for that, but when you are, there is no one to answer to.
- You’re learning to trust yourself and be independent. Even if you maintained this ability to some extent while you were married, you can now focus on this more clearly now.
- You got yourself out of a bad situation. There are a lot of people who do not have the strength or fortitude to do that.
The Sampair Group is ready to provide excellent professional advice in your Maricopa County divorce. Call our office to schedule an appointment today.