It’s very common to make decisions about your divorce and then experience regret after the fact. This can happen within days, weeks or even months after the decision. There are lots of reasons to experience regret, but the most important thing you can do is try to move past it.
– First, talk to your lawyer to make sure everything is finalized and you are unable to change things. It is important to find out whether the decision is truly final so you can stop wondering. You can also discuss opportunities to modify court orders in the future if you truly feel that the decision needs to be reversed.
– Decide that you made the best decision you could at the time. It is always easy to look back at things you have done and see how you could have done things differently. However it is important to respect the fact that in the moment you did the best you could with the information, circumstances, and projected outcomes you had.
– Instead of looking back, look forward. You can’t change the past, but you can control your future. Channel your energy into making good decisions for what lies ahead. Think about what you can do in the months and years to come to better your life.
– Learn from the past. If you truly believe you’ve made mistakes, decide that they are learning experiences that will guide you to make better decisions and choices in the future. We are all the result of our past mistakes.
– Choose happiness. Many studies have shown that it is possible to be happy if you act happy. Let go of your regrets and focus on being happy with your life as it is and as it will be in the future.
Call the Sampair Group help with your divorce in Maricopa County. Our attorneys are ready to discuss your case and your options with you.